This is a legally binding contract which sets forth all the terms and conditions of your agreement with Rural Community Development Program, NEPAL (RCDP or RCDP Nepal or RCDP International Volunteer). Please verify and affirm that you accept and agree to be bound by all its terms. The term 'Agreement' means between you and RCDP Nepal. 'Applicant' is the person specified on the Term Sheet and interchangeably with 'You' and 'Your'. 'RCDP Nepal' means RCDP.
Services Provided by RCDP Nepal
- Placement of participants
- Placement Arrangements
- Project Selection
- Placement or Project Variance – when actual projects differ slightly from project described in the web
- Country Coordinators in host country
- Airport pick up and transfer to hostel or host family
- Host Family
- Accommodations – which will include hostel or host family
- Meals – local food 3 times a day
- Web Information – which are generic in nature and actual field information may vary
- Payment of Program Fees
- Placements and Projects – You must remain flexible as demands of projects can change
- Situation in Developing Country – standard of service won't be same in host country as what you are used in your country. Applicants must adjust.
- Applicants will provide voluntary employment services
- You will respect and adhere to local culture, customs and laws
- You will abide by the project rules and requirements
- You will carry all the contact information solely
- Comply with host family rules
- For visitors, please obtain permission from host family, country coordinator or project director before
- You are solely responsible for all your valuables
- You will be responsible for cleaning the space you occupy in host family, hostel
- You will be responsible for all your personal travel
- You will be solely responsible for all your personal expenses
- RCDP Nepal doesn't provide any insurance. If you want to be insured, it will solely be your responsibility.
- You will be liable for all your personal conducts and actions while in the field
- You will not use project facilities for private purpose
- You must ensure you have a valid passport which does not expire 6 months from the termination of your volunteer project
- You will be responsible for ensuring you have proper immunization and medical condition to work in third world country and disclose any health issues you may have
- You will agree that there is a risk to your health in taking tap water and food from road side vendors directly
- Visa is required for You to entry the country and it is your responsibility to pay and acquire. You will apply for tourist visa in most countries, except in Tanzania, where you will apply for class C visa after arrival.
- You also agree not to indulge in any prohibited activities
- You also agree to solve your complaints through host family, project staff and country coordinator
- You agree volunteer project is not a guided tour
- You accept that some unwanted events may occur during the project which are beyond the control of RCDP Nepal and discharge RCDP Nepal from any liability or responsibility
- You agree that program fee once paid will not be refunded because RCDP Nepal has to prepare in advance of volunteer's placement
- You agreed to buy mandatory insurance
Program Fees and Application Procedure
- Step One: Select the country and the program you wish to volunteer. Fill out our online application form and submit it with a refundable application fee of $99 ($95 for Nepal). This application fee is part of total registration fee of $269. We need the application fee to make sure that application is genuine. Your application fee is refundable. But following condition does apply
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- 100% refund if you cancel within 7 days
- 75% refund if you cancel within 15 days
- 50% refund if you cancel within 30 days
- No refund if you cancel after 45 days
- $170 (or second installment) is not refundable
- Volunteers will pay weekly fee directly to project or host families or coordinators. And we cannot control these projects or host families or coordinators so please discuss the refund policy with them before paying the weekly fee
- Step Two: Once we received an application fee of $99 ($95 for Nepal), we will send you a confirmation email within 48 hours (2 working days). We will also immediately forward your application to country coordinator for processing. Our country coordinator will carefully read your application, make arrangement for room/food and other logistic supports, and send placement details within 2-4 weeks.
- Step Three: We will now send you the placement sheet and acceptance letter and we will request you to pay the remaining fee of $170($174 for Nepal ). Once you make the final payment, you can start preparing for the trip by applying for visa, booking your flights and getting the required vaccination. After your flight details have been confirmed, please forward us the details. The details are required by our country coordinator to receive you in the airport when you arrive in the host country. From the next day, your meaningful volunteer experience starts.
You accept there is risk involved in international volunteering,. YOU HEREBY FULLY, PERMANENTLY AND IRREVOCABLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND AGREE NOT TO SUE RCDP . In the similar way, YOU HEREBY FULLY, PERMANENTLY AND IRREVOCABLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND AGREE NOT TO SUE RCDP Nepal, INCLUDING ANY AND ALL OF ITS SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, ITS AGENTS, MANAGERS, PARTICIPANTS, APPLICANTS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS OR REPRESENTATIVES, or AGENCIES COLLABORATING WITH the RCDP Nepal (COLLECTIVELY "RELEASED PARTIES"), VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT DURESS, FROM ANY AND ALL ACTIONS, SUITS, LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, COSTS AND/OR CAUSES OF ACTION FOR DAMAGES OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE RELIEF OF ANY NATURE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, EMOTIONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISEASE, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR OTHER LOSSES, EXPENSES AND/OR DAMAGES (COLLECTIVELY "CLAIMS"), WHICH MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT ARISING FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROJECT OR PLACEMENT AND/OR ANY PROJECT, ACTIVITY OR EVENT SPONSORED, MANAGED, ARRANGED, OR PROMOTED BY, OR OTHERWISE AFFILIATED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RCDP, WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE OR CONTRIBUTED TO BY THE NEGLIGENT ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF RCDP International OR OTHERS.
Termination of Agreement
RCDP Nepal will terminate the agreement if You are found involved in any illegal activities or convicted of criminal activities. Or, if Your behavior is considered threatening. Or if you provide RCDP Nepal with incorrect medical information. RCDP Nepal will give you a written message to terminate the contract. You will then have to immediately leave the project and host family.
Volunteering in developing countries involve risk in each step. So, You agree to fully indemnify and hold RCDP from and against any and all claims for any breach by You of this agree, any damages cause by RCDP Nepal of your actions, and any contractual claim or other cause of action asserted by RCDP as a result of Your conduct and/or Your failure to perform the volunteer service required hereunder.
RCDP Nepal is a nonprofit organization registered with the government of Nepal. so, jurisdiction of any legal action would be Kathmandu, Nepal